Flavy-le-Martel


Flavy-le-Martel

In mid-February 1918 the Heavies were re-equiping at Buyscherre, near St Omer, when they received orders to move to the St Quentin area, some 140 kms to the south east and close to the southern boundary of territory held by the British.

Travelling overnight by train from Arques on the outskirts of St Omer, the Heavies reached Flavy-le-Martel, 12 kms south west of St Quentin, at 6am on 23 February 1918.

This view shows the railway station at Flavy-le-Martel used by the Heavies.

Return